Contest Rules on 570 WNAX, and 104-1 The Wolf.
1.No purchase is necessary to enter any contest on WNAX or WNAX-FM.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WNAX or WNAX-FM, you must not have won anything on WNAX or WNAX-FM in the past 30 days, or any prize valued at $600.00 or more in the past year. Some WNAX and WNAX-FM contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligiblity values, and these rules will be aired on WNAX and WNAX-FM during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WNAX or WNAX-FM studios, you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded, and you grant us permission to broadcast the call, or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WNAX, WNAX-FM contest, your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of a winner. WNAX and WNAX-FM reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600.00 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WNAX,WNAX-FM studios prior to claiming the prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calender year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.00.
7. In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e.; garnishment, child support order, judgement, lien, and the like), WNAX,WNAX-FM’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be deemed as WNAX,WNAX-FM awarding the prize to the winner. WNAX,WNAX-FM shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of a winner. WNAX, WNAX-FM shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WNAX, WNAX-FM contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents, 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WNAX, WNAX-FM that will be presented to WNAX, WNAX-FM and accepted before the prize is awarded.
9. Winners will be expected to claim their prize at the WNAX, WNAX-FM studios, 1609 East Highway 50, Yankton South Dakota, between 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday,(excluding holidays)within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is na expiration date on a prize which will be specifically stated.
10. WNAX, WNAX-FM, Saga Communications, Inc, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each and principals an employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNAX, WNAX-FM main studio in Yankton and not eligible to win any contest.
11. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
12. WNAX, WNAX-FM reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
13. WNAX, WNAX-FM, Saga Communications, Inc, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WNAX, WNAX-FM, Saga Communications, Inc, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolves themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
14.As a licensee of the FCC, and a trustee of the public airwaves, WNAX, WNAX-FM reserves the right to interrupt, and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WNAX, WNAX-FM management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
15.WNAX, WNAX-FM reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judges decision is always final.
16. For any contest requiring phone entry, you must use only the number specified. The person operating the telephone at WNAX, WNAX-FM has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
17. WNAX, WNAX-FM shall have no responsibility for failure to win, or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstance in any contest.
18. The following are specifically related to E-contests, and E-Mail Club promotions on WNAX.COM.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out, or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WNAX, WNAX-FM as defined at the exclusive discretion of WNAX,WNAX-FM management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WNAX, WNAX-FM’s responsibility.
19. A copy of these rules are available during business hours