Sunday, April 13th 2014 - All Day
During National Library Week from April 13-19, the Yankton Community Library, 515 Walnut Street, will take part in a nationwide celebration of libraries with the theme “Lives Change @ your library.” On Monday, April 14, the Proclamation for National Library Week will be read at the City Commission meeting by Mayor Nancy Wenande and accepted by library director Kathy Jacobs.
The following special events will take place at the library:
• April 14: story time with “A Royal Celebration” theme, 6:30 p.m., a ticketed event but free of charge. Participants are welcome to dress in “royal” attire.
• April 15: a conversation with South Dakota Magazine authors featuring their newest book South Dakota 125 A Pictorial History, 6:30 p.m.
• April 16: “Super Hero” story time, 10:15 a.m.; come in costume if you can; Facebook 101, 2 p.m., with preregistration required
• April 17: story time with “A Royal Celebration” theme, 10:15 a.m., a ticketed event but free of charge. Participants are welcome to dress in “royal” attire. The Book Thief will be shown at 3:45 p.m.
• April 18: LifeServe Blood Bank accepting donations from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
We are featuring an interactive display that invites patrons to share the title of a book that changed their lives. The windows will also have a new look. All in all, it will be a week filled with fun. Plan to visit the library many times throughout the week!!
For more information, contact the library at 668-5276.